A formulation with a powerhouse of anti ageing, antioxidant rich Rosehip oil, Carrot Seed oil and CoQ10. Ingredients that help hydrate, nourish, repair and protect your skin from everyday environmental stressors. May help with the prevention and reduction of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.
Coenzyme Q10 (COQ10) is a compound that is naturally present in our skin, one that energizes skin cells, which results in antioxidant effects, protecting our skin from oxidative damage. As we age, Q10 levels drop.
This leads to visible signs of aging, like wrinkles and decreased elasticity. Topical creams and serums that include COQ10 have been proven to increase COQ10 in both the surface skin level and the deeper layers, decreasing free radicals within the skin and increasing the skin’s antioxidant capacity.
Benefits of CoQ10 for Skin
- Energizes cell activity – This energy is needed to repair damage and make sure the skin cells are healthy. Active skin cells get rid of toxins easily and can make better use of nutrients. When your skin ages, all these processes slow down, causing dull and sallow, wrinkled skin. CoQ10 can keep your cells active and energized, helping your cells rid themselves of toxins.
- Reduce sun damage – The skin is damaged by exposure to the sun’s UV rays, which provides a source of free radicals, which can be damaging to the cells’ DNA. The potent antioxidant function of CoQ10 helps it to protect the skin at the molecular level from the damaging effects of the sun and from damage by free radicals. It works by decreasing the collagen degradation of skin and interdicting the damage caused by photo-aging.
- Evens out skin tone – CoQ10 works to block tyrosinase, which helps with the production of melanin, which means that CoQ10 can help fade and prevent dark spots.
- Stimulate collagen and elastin production – CoQ10 supports the bodies ability to produce collagen and elastin.
- Replenishes skin cells – More energized skin cells means healthier skin cells. Adding CoQ10 to your skincare may allow your cells to better utilize other nutrients, leading to healthier skin overall.
- Helps reduce damage of free radicals – Since CoQ10 aids in cell activity, it also means that your cells can be more efficient in flushing out toxins like free radicals and healing the damage they cause.
- Helps soothe skin – While toxins are being flushed out, your skin is silently thanking you. CoQ10 works to help your cells remove what’s irritating cells and your skin.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines – This ingredient helps your body produce collagen and elastin, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines as we go through the process of ageing.